Sunday, 19 July 2026

Per un bicchier di vino


Yes, folks, it’s chaotic indie rock vocals perfected by an Italian child circa 1970, in particular during the high-pitched chorus wailing.


Just wonderful. I wish I could be in a band with this sound.


The song title translates to: “For a Glass of Wine”, which only mainland Europeans can get away with having a kid sing.


A modern Brit would be burned at the stake for such wanton subversion.


I know I said I wouldn’t write another Zecchino d’Oro post for awhile, but this I just could not resist. I’m alternating between their modern stuff and ghostly vintage stuff, with the vintage stuff being very cosy to listen to indeed.


Oh and I finally worked out that Zecchino d’Oro stands for: “Sequins of Gold”, so I can sort-of understand why they’re trying to swap it out for “Piccolo Coro dell’Antoniano” (“Little Choir of Antoniano”), although I find the latter to be something of a mouthful and pain in the arse to type out.


Lotta quotation marks in this post.


Goodness knows what any of it means, but it’s cute as all get out and continues to put a big smile on my face. Don’t be put off by the foreign language nature of it or the age of the singers. Just rock out and giggle uncontrollably.


Do stay in touch, darlings.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment